Saturday, September 18, 2010

Organic Food Festival 2010




























Last weekend the national Organic Food Festival took place in Bristol. The festival celebrates all things organic, mostly food but also clothing and cosmetics. As a Soil Association member, entry was free so I felt obliged to go on both Saturday and Sunday...





Over 100 stalls took over Bristol Harbourside for the weekend. Each stall was very happy for us to sample their products and most of them had ample free samples to hand out. Yeo Valley were this year's sponsors alongside the Soil Association, and they were handing out free yoghurt- I think I must had eaten at least 6 over the two days. There were also cooking demonstrations taking place as well as wine tastings from Cono Sur- for me this was one of the highlights!










My favourite stall was Godminster. They sell cheese, chutneys and flavoured vodkas. I think it is the best cheddar I have ever tasted! The cheddar also comes in wax coated heart shapes. What a great gift idea for a cheese lover.....

It was a great weekend and it was good to see so many people supporting organic produce.



No comments:

Post a Comment